Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Overeem tested positive for an increased testosterone/epitestosterone or T/E ratio after last Tuesday's surprise drug test, which took place immediately following the UFC 146 press conference in Nevada. Overeem's sample far surpassed the 6-to-1 limit, testing above a 10-to-1 ratio.
The 31-year-old Overeem was scheduled to fight UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos on May 26, 2012 at the main event of UFC 146, however that booking is now in jeopardy.
"I am beyond pissed about this," UFC president Dana White said during a Wednesday conference call with Canadian media, according to a report from The Star Phoenix.
"How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who's using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute (expletive) moron," White added.
Last Tuesday's test functioned as one of the two random tests Overeem is required to undergo in accordance with NSAC demands after the Dutch heavyweight missed a commission requested pre-fight drug test in advance of his UFC 141 bout against Brock Lesnar.
Overeem will be required to appear before the NSAC if he wishes to seek licensure.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts