Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
The heavyweight shuffle continues.
Announced Monday, Gabriel Gonzaga has been removed from his UFC 146 match-up against Shane del Rosario, and is now slated to face TUF 10 winner Roy Nelson at the May 26 event. UFC President Dana White confirmed the switch via Twitter.
Del Rosario will remain on the card and will face Stipe Miocic.
Nelson (16-7) was originally booked to fight Strikeforce veteran Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva, however that match-up fell apart after Silva was tapped as Frank Mir's replacement opposite Cain Velasquez. Mir, of course, replaced Alistair Overeem in UFC 146's main event after Overeem failed a random drug test earlier this month.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts