Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
The four will take home an extra $65,000 for their work at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama.
The main event between Edgar and Henderson lived up to the hype with the two tireless lightweights pushing the pace through five close rounds. In the end, Henderson won unanimously on scores of 49-46, 49-46 and 48-47 to claim the 155-pound belt.
On a card with a handful of devastating knockout finishes, final WEC champion Pettis took the Knockout of the Night nod with his head kick knockdown followed by punches to dispatch of Joe Lauzon in 81 seconds.
More importantly, Pettis could have a bigger prize heading his way thanks to the knockout win. Pettis could be next in line for a title shot against Henderson.
"I think he's going to get it," UFC president Dana White said at the post-fight presser.
In the only submission on the card, Lee tapped out Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto with an armbar with 31 seconds left in the first round. Lee, a fighter based out of England, earned his first UFC win and became the first man to submit Yamamoto in his 11-year career.
Note: Despite losing the decision, Takeya Mizugaki was paid his win bonus. UFC brass felt he deserved the win.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts