Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Next weekend's UFC 144 pay-per-view broadcast will bring with it a bonus hour of action, and two additional fights.
On Tuesday, UFC spokesman Ryan Grab confirmed that the pay-per-view window for the event has been extended from its usual three-hour window to four, and instead of the usual five-fight main card, fans who purchase the event will get to see seven bouts.
The show, which will take place from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan on February 26, will air at its normal 10 pm ET start time.
In addition to the main event title bout pitting champion Frankie Edgar against Ben Henderson for the UFC lightweight title and the co-main event of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson against Ryan Bader, the other five fights broadcast will be Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo, Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields, Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch, Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski and Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon.
The night's preliminary bouts will be seen on FX at 8 pm ET.
The event marks the first time the UFC has produced an event in Japan under Zuffa ownership.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts