Rafael Suanes-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
A press release issued by Stephens' management team, Evolution Agents, confirmed that Stephens was released on $100,000 bond from Polk County Jail in Des Moines, Iowa, at 3:30 p.m. Central time Wednesday.
The UFC lightweight, who was born and raised in Iowa but now trains with Alliance MMA in San Diego, Calif., was arrested on the morning of Oct. 5 in Minneapolis.
Last week, he was extradited to Iowa, where he was charged with two counts of willful injury and assault based on an alleged incident outside a Des Moines bar on Oct. 15, 2011.
In the statement, Evolution Agents said Stephens maintained an upbeat attitude while believing in his innocence.
"Jeremy felt it was very important to thank each and every one of those who have stood by his side during this tough time," the statement read. "He wanted everyone to know that despite the negative situation that he's been placed in, he has remained upbeat and positive, reflecting on the opportunities that have been and will be presented to him, reflecting on his family, and his firm belief in his innocence."
The date of Stephens' return court appearance is not yet known.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts