Esther Lin, Strikeforce
"Jacare" will square up with the man he was originally supposed to fight back in March, Derek Brunson, the promotion has confirmed.
Brunson was a late scratch for that bout after being denied an Ohio fighter's license due to vision issues. He has since had surgery to correct the problem.
Souza (15-3, 1 no contest) went on to defeat Brunson's replacement Bristol Marunde via third-round submission, in that March event. The win was his first since losing the title to Luke Rockhold in September 2011. Brunson, meanwhile, will be hoping to rebound after suffering his first career loss. In mid-June, with Strikeforce's blessing, he accepted a short-notice fight with UFC veteran Kendall Grove at a ShoFight event in Missouri, and was handed a split-decision loss, dropping his record to 9-1.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts