Kyle Terada-US PRESSWIRE
In a brutal 95 seconds of action, Chris Spang utilized a devastating left hook to knock Nah-Shon Burrell down, and then brutalized him from the clinch with knees and elbows in scoring a first-round knockout at Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier.
The 24-year-old Swede rebounded from a unanimous decision loss in his last Strikeforce bout to improve to 5-1.
Burrell barely had a chance to get started before the fight was over.
He started the fight off well, with a mix of strikes as Spang circled from the outside. But the bout's complexion changed completely when Spang dropped him with the hook. Though Burrell quickly rebounded to his feet, Spang's accuracy never let him off the hook. According to stats aired by Showtime, Spang landed 44 of 56 strikes (79 percent).
Spang initiated a Muay Thai clinch and crushed him with a series of knees to the face. It appeared that ref Josh Rosenthal could have stopped the fight sooner, as Burrell looked out of it but somehow managed to stay on his feet. Finally, after elbows and uppercuts, Burrell fell down face-first, and Rosenthal waved the fight off.
Burrell fell to 8-2, suffering his first loss in seven fights.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts