Forza LLC via Getty Images
Amazingly, Miesha Tate didn't suffer any broken bones in her left arm following Saturday night's gruesome loss via armbar to Ronda Rousey.
"I had X-Rays last night," Tate told MMAFighting.com via text message. "No bones are broken, which I already knew. Other than that, I have to get an MRI to find out anything further."
Tate, the now former Strikeforce bantamweight champion, wouldn't elaborate on when she'll find out what kind of shape her arm is in and when she'll back to 100 percent. According to a Strikeforce official Saturday night, the early thought was that she had at least damaged ligaments in her arm.
Rousey submitted Tate via armbar at 4:27 of the first round but only after Tate refused to tap for several seconds, which led to her arm seemingly bending backwards. A similar scenario played out in the first minute of the fight, but Tate was able to escape that submission attempt.
Following the tapout, Tate remained on the canvas for several seconds and was unable to move her left arm in the cage after the fight.
The win improved Rousey's professional record to 5-0, with all five wins coming via first-round armbar. Tate's record dropped to 12-3.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts