Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
Tate (12-2) is out to make her first defense after winning the title from Marloes Coenen in July 2011. Rousey (4-0) made her professional MMA debut in March 2011 and has won all her fights by armbar.
Check out the live blog below.
Round 1: Tate swinging and lands a few strikes, but Rousey tosses her to the mat and moves to side control. Rousey steps out and moves to opposite side and attempts an armbar. It's close, but Tate survives and now has Rousey's back. Rousey removes the hook and stands but in a slam Tate still gets Rousey's back. In a scramble Rousey gets out the back door and is standing over a prostrate Tate. Tate stands and they clinch. Rousey takes a shot to the face, but hip tosses Tate to the mat with ease. Now in mount. Rousey goes to the Russian arm bar and then back down. Tate fights valiantly, but her arm appears to be badly dislocated. Tate taps. That's it. Ronda Rousey is your new women's bantamweight champion.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts