Gallery Photo: Phil Davis Photos
Announced Monday, Griggs will be welcomed into the 205-pound division by Phil Davis at UFC on FOX 4, which is slated for August 4, 2012 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA. Both men have verbally agreed to the match-up, though UFC officials did not detail if it will take place on the network broadcast.
Davis (9-1) hopes to rebound after suffering the first setback of his young career, a listless unanimous decision loss to former champion Rashad Evans in January. Prior to that, the 27-year-old All-American wrestler blazed through nine straight victories, including five under the Zuffa banner over the likes of Brian Stann, Alexander Gustafsson and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
Griggs (11-2), meanwhile, looks to right the ship after having a surprising six-fight win streak snapped by the loss to Browne in his UFC debut. The former Strikeforce heavyweight has proven to be a mighty finisher thus far in his career, knocking out or submitting all 11 of his victories, including a stunning second-round TKO of Bobby Lashley back in 2010.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts