Forza LLC via Getty Images
Tate, the former Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion, appeared to injure her left arm while defending two grisly armbar attempts during her headlining loss to Ronda Rousey. "Takedown" later revealed to MMAFighting.com that her arm was not broken, miraculously, and she was awaiting further MRI results to discover the extent of the damage.
Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey took place Saturday, March 3, 2012 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio and aired live on Showtime and Showtime Extreme.
Additionally, PRIDE veteran Kazuo Misaki received a 45-day suspension due to minor facial damage, and Pat Healy, Alexis Davis, and Brandon Saling each received 30-day suspensions for assorted injuries.
The official Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey medical suspension report can be read below:
Miesha Tate: Indefinite suspension - elbow injury
Ronaldo Souza: Indefinite suspension - hand injury
Roger Bowling: Indefinite suspension - hand injury
Conor Heun: Indefinite suspension - hand injury
Kazuo Misaki: 45 days - facial laceration
Pat Healy: 30 days - head laceration
Alexis Davis: 30 days - facial laceration
Brandon Saling: 30 days - precautionary reasons
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts