Sheila Gaff and Jennifer Maia met on Friday at Cage Warriors Fight Night 4 to kick off the promotion's four-woman, 125-pound tournament. What ensued was ten seconds of furious stand-up action, followed by one of the more vicious KO's in recent women's MMA history.
For the 22-year-old Gaff, the win shoots her name into the tournament finals. However, much debate has arisen regarding the nature of the knockout. Instead of touching gloves, Gaff mobbed Maia with a flurry of punches and knees. While Maia was able to regroup during the surprising exchange, the shots that started the beginning of the end were still relatively unexpected.
So what do you think, readers? Should Maia have been protecting herself at all times? Was Gaff's knockout fair or foul? Check out the damage after the jump and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts