Eddie Alvarez will fight at least one more time in Bellator.
The former Bellator lightweight champion has agreed to fight for the promotion on Oct. 12, which will fulfill the final fight on his current contract. Alvarez confirmed the news with MMAFighting.com on Wednesday.
According to Alvarez, his opponent has yet to be signed. The fight will take place Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. The promotion is expected to announce his opponent and the fight in the coming days.
Following the fight, Alvarez will officially become a free agent. Bellator will have the right to match any offer he receives from another organization within three months after the fight takes place. If they don't, he will be free to sign wherever he chooses. Alvarez said he will focus on training and winning this upcoming fight and then deal with his next contract afterwards.
Alvarez (23-3) got back on the winning track in April when he defeated Shinya Aoki at Bellator 66 via first-round TKO. He has been a member of Bellator since Bellator 1 in April 2009.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts