As expected, Bellator Fighting Championships is getting into the reality TV game.
Spike TV announced on Tuesday that it will team up with eight-time Emmy Award winner Bertram van Munster, the co-creator and executive producer of The Amazing Race on CBS, to produce a Bellator reality show. The show will air on the cable network in 2013. No further details about the show, including its air date, were announced at this time.
"Some of the most physically-gifted and fascinating athletes in the world fight in Bellator, and I believe they make ideal subjects for an innovative new non-scripted series," van Munster stated in a press release issued by Spike TV.
Bellator will move from MTV2 to Spike TV in January 2013. Company CEO Bjorn Rebney has teased a new reality show in the past, as well as three-hour fight night broadcasts and highlight shows once the promotion moves to its new home next year.
"The concept of this ground-breaking new series will broadly appeal to not only mixed martial arts fans, but to reality show enthusiasts as well," stated Sharon Levy, Spike TV’s executive vice president of original programming.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts