CHAMPION: Johny Hendricks (16-2-0) Next Fight: TBA
A takedown away from being champ. Comes back and TKOs Ellenberger. Easy Decision.
Injury aside, Woodley was having his way with Condit. I also believe his only true loss was against Marquardt.
3. Matt Brown (21-11) Next Fight: July 26 vs. #1 Robbie Lawler on Fox
Say what you want about quality of opponents, 7 fight win-streak is too impressive to have him not land here.
4. Carlos Condit (29-8) Next Fight: TBA Rehabbing from Torn ACL
Hope he comes back better than ever, but time and injuries may me too much for Natural Born Killer.
5. Rory MacDonald (16-2) Next Fight: June 14 vs. #2 Woodley on UFC 174
I'm just not as impressed with Rory as others are. Nice win over Maia, lackluster versus Jake lands him at no.4
6. Dong Hyun Kim (19-2-1, 1 NC) Next Fight: August 23 vs. #7 Lombard on Fight Pass
Hasn't lost since 2012 when muscle spasms ended his fight against Maia. Looked impressive in every fight since.
7. Hector Lombard (34-4-1, 1 NC) Next Fight: August 23 vs #6 Kim on Fight Pass
Still plenty of questions about his gas tank, Stun Gun will put that to the test for sure.
8. Demian Maia (19-6) Next Fight: TBA
Has cooled off after a stellar drop down to welterweight. Confidence booster fight in Brazil against lesser opponent.
9. Jake Ellenberger (29-8) Next Fight: TBA
Hasn't defeated a Top 10 fighter since 2011. Could go from Top 10 to unemployed with another loss.
10. Tarec Saffiedine (15-3) Next Fight: TBA
Early FOTY candidate against Lim, been on the shelf ever since. Got injured at the worst time.
New Breed of welterweights should make the guys near the bottom of the top 10 sweat, with LeFlare, Nelson, Gastelum making them expendable if the UFC wants to cut costs.