In addition to forfeiting his World Series of Fighting featherweight title on Saturday, Georgi Karakhanyan also bared the brunt of the event's post-fight medical suspension report, as the former 145-pound champion will potentially be out three months due to the rib injury that led to his loss to Rick Glenn at WSOF 10, the Nevada Athletic Commission revealed on Monday.
Karakhanyan, who retired on the stool between the second and third round of WSOF 10's co-main event, now requires an x-ray on his ribs and physician clearance before returning to action, or otherwise face a medical suspension stretching into late-September.
In addition to Karakhanyan, medical suspensions were handed down to five other fighters who competed at WSOF 10, including Jimmy Spicuzza and Tanner Cowan, both of whom received potential two-month sentences due to lacerations suffered in their respective undercard bouts.
WSOF 10 took place June 21, 2014 at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, NV.
A complete list of WSOF 10 medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Georgi Karakhanyan: Requires x-ray on right rib injury and physician clearance or no contest until 09/20/14
- Dave Huckaba: Suspended until 08/06/14; no contact until 07/22/14
- Adam Acquaviva: Suspended until 08/06/14; no contact until 07/22/14
- Jimmy Spicuzza: Requires physician clearance on right eye laceration or no contest until 08/21/14
- Justin Jaynes: Suspended until 07/22/14; no contact until 07/13/14 due to right eyelid laceration
- Tanner Cowan: Requires physician clearance on right cheek laceration or no contest until 08/21/14