Most of the mma world knows by now that Thiago Silva was arrested on some serious felonies. It's hard to imagine that he will not do any jail time. I remember hearing that T. Silva grew up poor and was mostly a "self-made man". Same thing with Palhares. Both grew up poor and became big money makers. Both fighters have broken rules the UFC laid out. Silva with urine and Palhares with leg locks. There are countless stories of poor boxers in the USA who would go on to commit felonies and/or squander their wealth. Mike Tyson stands as the prototype in my mind. Thus, it can be concluded that Silva's behavior isn't all that uncommon. Vote below and consider the "for" and "against" factors.
1) Silva is talented and has never broken any rules inside of a fight.
2) Silva is a known commodity in international mma markets because of his 12 octagon appearances.
3) One of the victims of his recent crime spree, Pablo Popovitch, believes that Silva was under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and thus may never have become so violent if sober.
4) Bellator signed Brett Rogers, and WSOF Palhares, so why not Silva? There's always One FC and Jungle Fight.
1) Silva has displayed a bad attitude and lack of contrition for missing weight and substituting animal urine for his own.
2) Silva may have sociopathic tendencies and not feel remorse for his felonies. A local tv station had video footage of him cursing and giving the middle finger to a reporter.
3) A stint in prison may rob Silva of his prime years as a fighter.
4) With Silva's bad attitude, even despite his skills and toughness, prison gangs just might kill or maim him.
Well, I guess I could have written that better. As always, thanks for voting folks.