Dana White: No offer made to Nick Diaz

Esther Lin, MMA Fighting

Don't get too excited about Nick Diaz's return to the UFC just yet.

A day after Cesar Gracie told BJPenn.com that UFC president Dana White had offered Diaz a return UFC fight, White told MMAFighting.com on Thursday the opposite.

"Nobody at the UFC talked to Gracie or anyone else that reps Nick," White wrote via text message.

In response to a text message asking who the UFC offered Diaz, Gracie told MMAFighting.com Wednesday night, "Can't tell you."

Diaz said he was leaving MMA after his March loss to Georges St-Pierre, unless he was offered a rematch against St-Pierre or a fight against Anderson Silva. However, White said earlier this month following UFC 162 that Diaz has leaning towards returning to the UFC.

The 29-year-old Diaz (26-9, 1 NC) is 1-2 since returning to the UFC in 2011.

More from MMA Fighting

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join MMA Fighting

You must be a member of MMA Fighting to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at MMA Fighting. You should read them.

Join MMA Fighting

You must be a member of MMA Fighting to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at MMA Fighting. You should read them.

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_5349_tracker