Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Tuesday night's episode of The Ultimate Fighter reality show delivered a 0.92 rating and 1,191,000 viewers, a six percent drop from the prior week.
The show featured Uriah Hall's spinning hook kick knockout on Adam Cella that left the entire Ultimate Fighter gym in silence, and is likely to go down as the biggest moment of the show's 17th season.
The season remains the highest rated of the three seasons on FX, but with the move to Tuesday and higher profile coaches in Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen, that should have been the case. It's slightly behind the pace of the lowest rated seasons on Spike.
The win by Hall gave Team Sonnen the right to pick the fight that airs next week. He picked Kevin Casey, who once fought Matt Lindland in Strikeforce and grew up as best friends with Rickson Gracie's late son Rockson, to face Collin Hart of Team Jones.
The most significant sports competition was a college basketball game on ESPN that did 2.42 million viewers.
The show improved slightly on its movie lead-in that did 1.09 million viewers.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts