Kyle Terada-US PRESSWIRE
Josh Barnett may not be coming back to the UFC after all.
According to Barnett's manager Leland LaBarre, Barnett has officially declined the promotion's latest contract offer.
"We agreed on guaranteed compensation," LaBarre said. "In fact, we never even countered. We accepted their original offer.
"However, there are some outlying issues -- one in particular -- that as of this point we were unable to agree on."
Labarre said he didn't feel it was appropriate at this time to discuss which issue both sides couldn't come to terms on.
UFC officials declined to comment on the situation.
Barnett (32-6) last fought in the UFC in March 2002. His latest contract expired following his January win over Nandor Guelmino in Strikeforce.
Last week, UFC president Dana White expressed optimism that the organization would reach a deal with Barnett, who is talking to other promotions.
"We want to find the best deal for Josh and his final MMA home," LaBarre said.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts