Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
The Ultimate Fighter dipped slightly in the ratings on Tuesday night, doing a 0.88 rating and 1.13 million viewers. The number was slightly down from the 0.92 rating and 1.19 million viewers for the Feb. 12 episode of the show.
The season is averaging 1.28 million viewers per week.
Tuesday's show featured a major upset as Kevin Gastelum (4-0) of Team Chael Sonnen defeated veteran Greg Jackson fighter Bubba McDaniel (20-6) of Team Jon Jones via choke in the second round.
The show did healthy demographic numbers, doing a 1.45 in Males 18-34, the group the FOX family contracted with UFC to super serve. It also did a 1.17 in Males 18-49.
It's main sports competition was college basketball on ESPN. The early game did 3.73 million viewers, huge numbers, against the first half of the show. The late game did 1.65 million viewers against the second half of the show.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts