Lightweight headliner Gray Maynard received a 60-day medical suspension following his first-round TKO loss to Nate Diaz at Saturday's TUF 18 Finale, according to information released to MMAFighting.com by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
Maynard spearheaded a short list of eight fighters who received extended medical suspensions in the aftermath of the event, which took place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, NV.
TUF 18 contestants Jessica Rakoczy, David Grant and Peggy Morgan all received 45-day suspensions for damage incurred during their respective losses, while inaugural women's TUF winner Julianna Pena will require an x-ray on her right thumb before returning to action.
Elsewhere on the card, preliminary card fighters Akira Corassani, Drew Dober and Ryan Benoit all received potential six-month suspensions in a losing effort. Corassani requires clearance due to possible nasal fractures, while Dober requires clearance for orbital fractures and Benoit will undergo an x-ray on his left hand.
A complete list of TUF 18 Finale medical suspensions can be seen below.
- Akira Corassani: Nasal fracture requires ENT physician clearance or no contest until 05/30/14; minimum suspension until 01/30/14, no contact until 01/15/14
- Drew Dober: Right orbital fractures require ENT or ophthalmologist clearance or no contest until 05/30/14; minimum suspension until 01/30/14, no contact until 01/15/14
- Ryan Benoit: Requires x-ray on left hand, if positive then must have orthopedic clearance or no contest until 05/30/14; minimum suspension until 12/31/13, no contact until 12/22/13
- Gray Maynard: Suspended until 01/30/14; no contact until 01/15/14 due to TKO & left forehead laceration
- Jessica Rakoczy: Suspended until 01/15/14; no contact until 12/31/13 due to tough fight
- David Grant: Suspend until 01/15/14; no contact until 12/31/13
- Peggy Morgan: Suspended until 01/15/14; no contact until 12/31/13 due to tough fight
- Julianna Pena: Requires x-ray on right thumb, if positive then must have orthopedic physician clearance