After 2 weeks of nothing new on TUF 18, since last week's episode was a recap that was glitchy everywhere I tried to watch it, episode 9 aired Wednesday night and left me feeling satisfi... disapp... I don't know how it made me fell. Tell it to stop.
My Notes from Episode 9 of TUF
- I am starting to like Bryan Caraway more as the season progresses. I know, I know, editing right? As Bollinger struggled with the weight cut, we saw Caraway and Tate both offering words of encouragement. Not making it is one thing but quitting is another. Team Tate was correct, if you quit, you will regret it. I remember one time I didn't make weight in high school. Just once. Deep down I know I didn't try very hard, I had always made it before that week and after. I just quit that week and I still think about it, especially when episodes like this air. Now, so will he.
- The weight cut looked rough son. I wrote down in my notes that I wasn't going to make jokes about him wanting to stop which was before he stopped. Still though it looked bad. I did chuckle when Miesha said something like "See? You've got tears which means you have water." Compassion ha ha. Heard it all before as people spit into cups the last hour of a bus ride.
- Um, Ms. Pennington, please pull up your pants.
- Wait, I don't get to see Gutierrez fight?
- I really like how Honda went back to her team and ratted out Tate. No Ronda, they couldn't have done more for Bollinger on the cut. He gave up.
- Unfortunately I do have to agree with Anthony's decision to take the forfeit. You could tell Uncle Dana was not pleased. But if he was legit cutting from 159 to 136... no way in hell would I want to do that again in a few days.
- Sara Moras on Peggy Morgan - "She's pale, she's a ginger."
- Hey Zeus. Say it out loud a few times. Vicious gnp. Hello Jason Miller and MTV. Beatdown.
- Moras had some awesome level changes and penetration shots but not so good finishes. Hopefully she works on them.
- The semis were announced. These are the semis right? I don't want to spoil it for some of you but they look interesting. One fight I can't see going more than a round (can you guess which one?), another I see being a one sided affair like Cain/JDS just was.
I believe that is it my friends. Did you see the show? Thought on this episode or the season so far? Who are you pulling for?