Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
The FOX network will run a one-hour 'Road to the Octagon' special one week before the next live event, UFC on FOX 6, on Jan. 26 from Chicago's United Center.
The show may air at different times depending upon the station, but as a general rule, the show is scheduled to air at 5 p.m. on Jan. 19, according to sources in the UFC. It will also have a very early morning replay in many markets. The show will promote the top matches, Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson for the UFC flyweight titles, Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira and Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis.
The night of the main show will feature five hours of nationally televised coverage, with three hours of prelims on FX starting at 5 p.m. ET before the 8 p.m. slot for the top four matches.
What is notable about the show is that the No. 2 and No. 3 matches would have more widespread appeal than the main event, which is there to help bring focus and exposure to the new flyweight division.
More than 12,000 tickets have been sold for the show, a number that has to be considered very healthy given the main event.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts