Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Ryan Bader came into UFC on FOX 6 as the biggest betting favorite on the card, with the final line closing on Bader as a 5-to-1 favorite. He performed like it.
Bader scored the fastest submission win in the history of the UFC's light-heavyweight division, needing just 50 seconds to submit Vladimir Matyushenko. Amazingly, it was the first time in the 42-year-old Matyushenko's career he had ever been forced to tap, and it came on a unique move, which can best be described as a modified arm-triangle from the bottom while locking down Matyushenko's right leg to keep him from escaping.
"I've been working on it all camp," Bader said. "I trapped the arm and I ended up getting it."
Bader got to that position with his striking, flooring his opponent with a lunging left hook 30 seconds into the fight. He tried the unique sub, then repositioned his hands and closed it out.
The fight was a must-win for Bader, who has been inconsistent recently, coming into the bout on a 2-3 run. He's now 15-3 overall.
For Matyushenko, it marks the first multi-fight losing streak of his career, as his last fight was a TKO loss to Alexander Gustafsson. He's now 26-7.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts