Kyle Terada-US PRESSWIRE
What everyone thought was going to happen, well, happened. Former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett positively ran through Nandor Guelmino on Saturday at Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine in Oklahoma City, Ok.
From the moment the bell sounded, Barnett - who had been battling the flu - got right to work. He charged across the cage, clinched with Guelmino and took him right to the mat. To Guelmino's credit, he was able to establish guard. Barnett stood up and sat back for an ankle lock, but Guelmino was able to fight out of it.
That didn't last long.
Another trip takedown from Barnett not only planted Guelmino on the mat, but placed Barnett directly in mount. From there he almost automatically locked up the head and arm triangle.
The tape came 2:11 of round 1.
Barnett moves to 32-6 in professional MMA and 3-1 in Strikeforce.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts