Martin McNeil, SB Nation
In case you forgot, they call British bantamweight Brad Pickett "One Punch" for a reason.
The London native was engaged in a tight, back-and-forth opening round against Montreal's Yves Jabouin on Saturday when he came out of nowhere with a beautifully executed right uppercut to the jaw.
Jabouin hit the Nottingham mat and Pickett pounced for two more academic right hands before Leon Roberts stopped the bout at UFC on Fuel TV 5.
The time of the stoppage was three minutes, 40 seconds.
"With a name like One Punch, it puts added pressure on me, especially where it was a long time since I've got one. Especially against the best technical striker in our division. He's phenomenal."
With the win, Pickett (22-6), who's always had potential but has faced trouble putting together a string of victories recently, seems to finally be building momentum. He's won two fights in a row and four of six.
Jabouin dropped to 18-8 and lost for the first time as a bantamweight.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts