Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
The fight between the two UFC lightweights had nearly everything you could want in a great bout. Technique, heart, conditioning. The two fought fiercely for the entire 15-minute duration, and in the end, it was Grant's more precise in-range striking that likely won him the judges' nod.
The officials scored it 30-27, 29-28, 29-28 for the Canadian.
Grant set the pace early stalking Dunham around the outside of the cage but Dunham only avoided contact before long as the duo engaged in frequent violent barrages. By the second round, Dunham's face was bleeding after a knee cut him vertically on his forehead.
Dunham's conditioning held up though, and he made it a fight, occasionally imploring Grant to bring more offense. He always obliged, and the two continued that trend throughout. Dunham was able to notch single takedowns in the final minute of each of the three rounds, but was unable to do anything of substance with the top position, and Grant did enough to win two of the three rounds.
The bloody win helped Grant capture his third straight since moving into the UFC's lightweight division. He's now 19-5 overall. Dunham had a two-fight win streak snapped and fell to 13-3.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts