Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres is the newest member of the World Series of Fighting.
Ali Abdel-Aziz, the promotion's senior executive vice president, confirmed the news Sunday with MMAFighting.com, as well as Torres' manager Glenn Robinson of Authentic Sports Management.
Torres will fight on the promotion's debut card, scheduled for Nov. 3 at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. His opponent has yet to be signed.
As a result, he will no longer fight on the Nov. 2 Titan FC show he was originally scheduled for, but according to Aziz and Robinson, Torres will be allowed to fight for Titan once in the future. Torres signed a three-fight contract with the WSOF.
Torres (40-5) was recently released by the UFC after going 2-2 inside the Octagon and getting knocked out by Michael McDonald in his last fight at UFC 145.
The upstart WSOF promotion will hold a press conference on Sept. 6 in Las Vegas to formally "make several major announcements," according to a press release issued last week. The organization's TV deal with NBC Sports Network and at least part of the upcoming Nov. 3 fight card are expected to be announced.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts