Brazilian submission ace Leandro Issa and South Korean prospect Soo Chul Kim will battle for the inaugural ONE FC bantamweight title at ONE FC: Rise of Kings, sources close to the event told MMAFighting.com.
Issa and Kim fought once before, with Issa taking the hard-fought unanimous decision at ONE FC's debut event last year.
Since then, Issa (10-2), an accomplished grappler training out of Singapore's Evolve MMA, defeated leglock specialist Masakazu Imanari via unanimous decision to stretch his current winning streak to seven straight.
The 20-year-old Kim (6-4), meanwhile, rides into the title bout after defeating Sengoku veteran Shoko Sato and URCC champion Kevin Belingon in consecutive bouts.
ONE FC 6 takes place October 6, 2012 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore. Two additional title bouts are planned for the event, which is headlined by a lightweight match pitting former DREAM champion Shinya Aoki against France's Arnaud Lepont.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts