Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
When it rains it pours. On the same day UFC President Dana White announced Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson was out of his UFC 153 co-main event with Glover Teixeira, he also confirmed through Twitter UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo is out of his bout with Frankie Edgar.
"Now Aldo is out with foot injury," White Tweeted Tuesday. "Main and co main in the same day!! Another amazing day at the UFC. We have some work to do."
On Saturday, September 8th, Aldo was involved in a minor motorcycle accident in Brazil. UFC President Dana White told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani Aldo's injury forcing him out of his bout with Edgar is related to that incident.
UFC 153 is set for October 13th at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
This isn't the first time Aldo was been forced to withdraw from a card due to injury. Initially scheduled to face Josh Grispi at UFC 125, Aldo bowed out after suffering a neck injury.
There is no news as to whether the fight with Edgar will be postponed or if Edgar will receive another opponent.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts