Jon Kopaloff, Getty Images
"Rampage is hurt and out of UFC 153 RIO. SUCKS!!!!!!" White posted.
MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani confirmed the injury is to Jackson's elbow. White was unsure how long he would be out.
Jackson (32-10) was scheduled to face burgeoning Brazilian contender Glover Teixeira (18-2) in UFC 153's co-main event. According to Teixeira's trainer, John Hackleman, UFC officials are presently working to find a replacement opponent to keep Teixeira on the card.
After a public dispute with UFC officials, Jackson was tentatively scheduled to rematch Mauricio "Shogun" Rua for his final fight under the Zuffa banner, however any plans fell by the wayside when Jackson elected to have double knee surgery in March.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts