Early Monday afternoon, the California state athletic commission (CSAC) notified the media and Strikeforce parent company Zuffa that drug testing for the recent Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman event was invalid, the result, they told UFC vice president of regulatory affairs Marc Ratner, of an issue relating to chain of custody or the way the samples were collected.
About three hours later, the commission has corrected itself, saying the previously released information was erroneous.
In an email sent to the media, CSAC's interim executive director Kathi Burns wrote: "The results of the drug testing for the August 18, 2012 Strikeforce event will be provided later this week or early next week. I spoke with the lab just a few moments ago and found that a delay in processing the results has occurred due to a simple, but correctable clerical error."
Burns apologized for the misunderstanding but didn't say why the commission originally believed the mistake to be more serious than it was.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts