Christian Petersen, Getty Images
Sarah Kaufman is getting right back on the horse after her loss this month to Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. Invicta announced Monday Kaufman will face Kaitlin Young in a bantamweight bout at Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas on Saturday, Oct. 6. Strikeforce allows for select female fighters on their roster to compete for Invicta when scheduling permits.
Kaufman, 26, holds a professional MMA record of 15-2. She most recently fought Rousey at Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman on August 18th where she lost to Rousey by first-round armbar. She is also the former Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion, a title she held in 2010. Her impending bout with Young marks her promotional debut for Invicta.
Young, 26, is 7-6-1 in MMA and has competed on both of Invicta's previous shows. She fought to a draw at Invicta FC 1 with Leslie Smith, earning Fight of the Night honors. She most recently lost to Liz Carmouche by second-round rearn naked choke at Invicta FC 2 in July of this past year.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts