Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
The show, which will be UFC 155, takes place on December 29 in Las Vegas.
Lauzon has won three of his last four, most recently defeated Jamie Varner in the third round of their UFC on FOX 4 bout, a matchup that will likely earn some consideration as the best fight of 2012.
After a back-and-forth opening two rounds, Lauzon finally closed out the show with a triangle submission. He's 22-7 overall.
Maynard (11-1-1, 1 no contest) will be fighting for the first time since his June win over Clay Guida, a fight that was notable from the controversy that arose due to Guida's unique strategy. In hopes of avoiding Maynard's power, Guida tried to keep the action limited to short bursts, much to the frustration of the audience. Nevertheless, Maynard won via split-decision.
UFC 155 is expected to feature Junior dos Santos defending the UFC heavyweight championship against Cain Velasquez in a rematch of their 2011 bout. In addition, Chael Sonnen will move up to light-heavyweight to face former champion Forrest Griffin.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts