Greg Bartram-US PRESSWIRE
The submission master would like the world to know he also has dangerous hands.
Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, long considered one of the most decorated Brazilian jiu-jitsu stylists in mixed martial arts, scored his first career knockout at SAturday night's Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman. Jacare dropped Brunson with a right hook, then floored him again a moment later with another right and landed a few ground strikes before referee Mike Beltran stepped in to stop it.
The time of the knockout was 41 seconds of the first round.
It was his first ever, and it came in his 20th pro fight.
"All my training partners talk about my hands," he said afterward. "I come prepared. I do my best. I train with the best gym in the world."
Prior to Saturday night, 15 of his wins had come by way of submission.
With the win, he could possibly become the next man to challenge current 185-pound champion Luke Rockhold.
"I'm very prepared for everyone, anytime," he said. "I'm here for a fight. I'm Strikeforce former middleweight champion, and I'm coming back for more."
Souza is now 16-3 with 1 no contest.
It was the second straight loss for Brunson, though it marks the first time he's ever been finished. He fell to 9-2.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts