Jeff Gross, Getty Images
UFC on Fox 3 isn't the only Saturday night fight of note. MMA's combat sports relative in boxing will stage a super welterweight bout with boxing's king of pay-per-view in Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and WBA super welterweight (154lbs) champion Miguel Cotto.
Ahead of his rematch with Amir Khan in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 19th, MMA Fighting (via SB Nation) visited Lamont Peterson's Head Bangers Gym in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday. We asked the WBA and IBF light welterweight champion who he believes would prevail in boxing's huge bout this weekend. We also asked Peterson's mentor and head trainer Barry Hunter for his prediction as well.
Editor's note: MMA Fighting will live blog the Mayweather vs. Cotto fight card on Saturday evening beginning with the featured bout (Jesse Vargas vs. Steve Forbes) all the way through the co-main (Saul Alvarez vs. Shane Mosley) and main event.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts