Esther Lin, Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
The main event of Saturday night's Strikeforce card is a women's title fight between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey. And now we know who's going to fight the winner of that one: Sarah Kaufman, who turned in a great performance in beating Alexis Davis on the Tate vs. Rousey undercard.
Two judges scored the fight 29-28 for Kaufman, while one scored it a 29-29 draw.
Kaufman opened up a huge cut over Davis's eye in the first round, battered Davis through the second, and then survived the third despite Davis taking her down and controlling her on the ground. It was a tremendous fight, and one that reinforced Kaufman's status as one of the best female fighters in the world.
In fact, a strong case can be made that Kaufman -- not Rousey -- deserved to be fighting Tate in the main event. Rousey burst onto the scene with four impressive first-round submission victories, but Rousey doesn't have the complete body of work that Kaufman has.
"I'm going to come, I'm going to fight, I'm going to have that title. It's my title," Kaufman said afterward.
So while Kaufman wasn't happy about being passed over last time, she'll get her title shot next time. Kaufman is a great fighter.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts