Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
The Fight of the Night candidate saw more action in three minutes and 45 seconds than many fights have in 15: Menjivar went for a spinning back fist and took Albert down early on, Albert answered by attempting multiple submissions off his back, Menjivar stayed poised and pulled free of every submission attempt, Menjivar got back to his feet only to have Albert batter him with punches against the fence, and then Menjivar got the upper hand on the ground, took Albert down, and sunk in the rear-naked choke. Albert had no choice but to tap out.
It was a fight that had just about everything: Good striking, good grappling and a lot of fun.
For Menjivar, the victory improves his professional MMA record to 24-8. Menjivar is now on a three-fight winning streak in the UFC, and he's doing impressive things in the bantamweight division.
Albert, fresh off a win at the Ultimate FIghter Finale, falls to 7-2. But there was no shame in this loss. This was a good showing from both fighters.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Hoodie
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts