Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE
SEATTLE -- Even on the morning before fight night, the UFC cannot escape 2012's injury epidemic.
Lightweight prospect Tim Means (18-3-1) suffered an accident cutting weight and has been forced to withdraw from his UFC on FOX 5 undercard bout against Abel Trujillo (9-4), according to UFC President Dana White.
"The UFC curse strikes again," White tweeted. "Tim Means slips in sauna and KO's himself."
Lightweight veteran Marcus LeVesseur (22-6) has been tapped as a short-notice replacement to be matched-up opposite Trujillo.
LeVesseur was previously booked to fight TUF Live winner Mike Chiesa on the FX undercard, replacing an injured Rafaello Oliveira. However Chiesa was forced to withdraw earlier this week due to an undisclosed illness.
The 28-year-old Means is a perfect 2-0 in the UFC, having defeated Bernardo Magalhaes and knocked out Justin Salas in 66 seconds. He hoped to extend an 11-fight unbeaten streak that stretches back to 2010.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Hoodie
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts