Australia's Bec Hyatt has received and accepted the call to step in on short notice and fight Carla Esparza for Invicta's inaugural strawweight title in a match scheduled for January 5.
The 23-year-old Hyatt is replacing Claudia Gadelha, who was forced to withdraw from the title bout after suffering a broken nose in training.
All four of Hyatt's wins have come in 2012, with three coming by way of finish. She is 4-1 overall, and will be making her organizational debut.
Esparza, 25, is 8-2 and has captured her last three fights, including a decision over Felice Herrig.
Meanwhile, Hyatt's original opponent Joanne Calderwood will now draw Livia von Plettenberg as her foe.
The event, Invicta FC 4, takes place at Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas. The 12-bout card will be available via online pay-per-view.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts