Ron Chenoy-US PRESSWIRE
Six years later, the rematch looked just like the first time around.
Yushin Okami and Alan Belcher may have overhauled their respective games in the intervening times, but the result between them was exactly the same as it was in 2006. Okami repeated his performance from that fight, defeating Belcher via unanimous decision at UFC 155.
The judges scored 30-27, 30-27, 29-28.
Okami controlled most of the fight, suffering only a lone blip when he was knocked down by a Belcher right early in the third. Aside from that, he used his clinch game and wrestling to keep Belcher under control. On several occasions, Okami advanced to dominant positions including side control and full mount, and though he couldn't finish Belcher, he scored with strikes from the top.
His most dominant stretch came late in the third when he got full mount and rained down strikes before taking Belcher's back and looking for a choke.
When it was over, Belcher shook his head in frustration, and some of the MGM Grand Garden Arena crowd booed.
According to FightMetric, Okami out-landed Belcher 81-15.
Belcher saw his four-fight win streak snapped, as he fell to 18-7.
For Okami, it is two wins in a row as he moved his record to 28-7.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts