Ron Chenoy-US PRESSWIRE
Rising Mexican star Erik Perez spent more time than most main carders doing interviews during the run-up to his UFC 155 fight, and when he got his chance in the cage, he continued the dominant run that's generated so much attention in him.
Perez overwhelmed Byron Bloodworth, eventually finishing in a first-round TKO.
The time of the referee stoppage was 3:50.
Perez had no problems in weaving his way to victory, dropping Bloodworth early with a knee to the body. He followed his opponent to the ground where he worked to open up holes with elbows and punches, and he eventually overwhelmed him with ground strikes en route to the stoppage.
"[It's] a lot of pressure but I'm training hard," he said afterward. "I'm going to stay focused and fight hard."
He's now 13-4 while Bloodworth dropped his second straight, falling to 6-3.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Hoodie
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts