Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Court McGee is moving to welterweight.
The winner of the eleventh season of "The Ultimater Fighter" has agreed to fight Josh Neer in 170-pound action at UFC 157 on Feb. 23, MMA Fighting has learned from closes sources to the event. The UFC has yet to officially announce the bout.
McGee (13-3), who has lost his last two in row, will be making his welterweight debut. He most recently dropped a controversial unanimous decision to Nick Ring at UFC 149 in July. Prior to that loss, he lost another unanimous decision to Costa Philippou at UFC on FX 2 in March.
Neer (33-12) has also lost his last two in a row. Justin Edwards needed just 45 seconds to submit the veteran at UFC on FX 5 in October after Mike Pyle knocked him out at UFC on FX 3 in June.
UFC 157, headlined by Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche for the UFC women's bantamweight title, will take place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts