Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Former UFC welterweight Charlie Brenneman is moving down to lightweight.
Brenneman, who was recently released by the organization after a UFC 152 loss to Kyle Noke, announced on his Web site recently that he will meet Eric Irvin in a 155-pound bout on Jan. 19 in Altoona, Pa.
Brenneman (15-5) went 4-4 inside the Octagon before his release in September. "The Spaniard" has never fought at 155 pounds before, however, he did wrestle in college at 157 pounds.
Irvin (5-2) has won his last two in a row. He has competed solely on the regional MMA circuit, thus far.
The fight will take place for the Valley Fight League promotion, where Brenneman is 3-0.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts