Photo via PXC
Top Korean prospect, Hyun Gyu Lim, has been pulled off the UFC: Macao card after being deemed 'medically unfit' to compete by UFC doctors, his bout against David Mitchell has since been scrapped.
MACAO, CHINA -- The highly anticipated UFC debut of Korean Top Team product, Hyun Gyu Lim has been scrapped after the UFC doctors have deemed him 'medically unfit' to compete. David Mitchell, who is already coming in on relatively short notice for this fight, was left without an opponent forcing officials to scrap the bout.
The UFC has since released an official statement about it, also mentioning that Mitchell will be getting paid:
After being examined by doctors it was determined that Hyun Gyu Lim was medically unfit to participate in tomorrow's event and as a precaution, his UFC Macao bout has been canceled. His opponent, David Mitchell, will be paid his show money.
No details were announced, but MMAFighting.com has learned from multiple sources that the medical issue is stemming from a rough weight cut by the Korean. Lim, who stands at 6-foot-2, is massive for a welterweight, and unfortunately the cut eventually led to the cancellation of his UFC debut.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts