Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
The show aired directly after the highest-rated Ultimate Fighter episode of the season.
The number is above the average for the series, which since moving to FX, has averaged between 540,000 and 560,000 viewers for shows building up Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans, Nick Diaz vs. Condit and Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez.
The first episode of these shows is often the highest-rated. The slight increase over the average is likely due to the higher-rated than usual lead-in show.
The show will continue with episodes on Nov. 9 and Nov. 16 at 11 p.m. Eastern.
The numbers on FX have been significantly lower than the preview shows had done on Spike, which ranged from a low of 610,000 for St-Pierre vs. Jake Shields in 2011, to a high of 1.2 million for Rampage Jackson vs. Rashad Evans in 2010.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts