James Law, MMA Fighting
Jeremy Stephens will get to fight Yves Edwards after all.
Stephens will take the place of John Cholish and fight Edwards at UFC on FOX 5, according to MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani who confirmed the news with Stephens' manager Ryan Hass. MMA Weekly first reported the story. MMA Junkie reported Cholish had to withdraw because of a groin injury.
Stephens and Edwards were supposed to fight at UFC on FX 5, but the fight was called off after Stephens' arrest on a warrant for assault the day before the fight. UFC president Dana White was unable to bail out Stephens.
Edwards tweeted, "You can't f*** with destiny. Looks like its me and @LiLHeathenMMA on dec 8th. #FOTN."
UFC on FOX 5 is on Dec. 8 at the KeyArena in Seattle.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts