Paul Abell-US PRESSWIRE
UFC featherweight Eddie Yagin is expected to make a full recovery after a recent head injury scare.
According to Yagin's manager Jason House, Yagin was released from a local San Diego hospital last week after he was admitted due to a series of headaches which left him feeling very ill.
"The injury was not the result of a certain strike or exchange," House said last week. "[He] came home, had a headache, started to vomit whatever liquids he drank and then decided to go to the ER the next day."
Yagin was hospitalized for several days after doctors determined he had swelling on his brain, which caused pressure and led to his headaches. He did not have to undergo surgery, and according to House, is expected make a full recovery after a 30-day rest period.
The 33-year-old Yagin was scheduled to fight Dennis Siver at UFC on FOX 5 next month but has since been replaced by Nam Phan due to the injury. Yagin (16-5-1), nicknamed "The Filipino Phenom," most recently won the Fight of the Night award for his split decision victory over Mark Hominick at UFC 145 in April.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts