Anthony Pettis was hospitalized last week after a bout with cellulitis, which according to WebMD, "is a skin infection caused by bacteria."
Pettis was released from a Milwaukee hospital after a three-day stay. He said on Monday that he was "feeling a lot better."
The news of his release was first reported on Tuesday's episode of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV, while AXS TV first reported his hospitalization last week.
As for his ongoing feud with Donald Cerrone, Pettis said his plan is still to fight Cerrone on Jan. 26. The UFC has yet to officially announce the lightweight fight or a card on that date.
He called Cerrone's recent talk of being tired of waiting for him "funny" and was looking forward to fighting the former WEC star.
"I'm not going to fight unhealthy," Pettis said.
Of course, the Pettis-Cerrone tilt was delayed after Pettis underwent shoulder surgery over the summer. His recent hospitalization had nothing to do with the surgery.
Pettis also dismissed any talk of the Cerrone fight being for a No. 1 contender spot in the lightweight division.
"I don't even care anymore," he said. "Until the contract is signed, I'm not thinking about that."
Pettis pointed to the fact that he has been offered title shots in the past but those never materialized, so now he is focused solely on Cerrone.